What is Bi-carb Soda?
Bi-carb Soda is made from soda ash (or sodium bicarbonate) which occurs naturally in our environment. The soda ash is mined and then refined to form a safe, pure product you can trust.
I always have two or three packets around the house, and I actually use it to wash my skin and my hair. I will post the instructions etc.
Just as it does in its natural form, Bi-carb Soda helps regulate pH – that is, keeps substances balanced in terms of acidity or alkalinity. Hence its high performance in neutralising, cleaning and deodorising.
There are so many ways to use Bi-carb soda in your home! Because it is a safe product you can’t really go wrong with amounts and proportions (except when you are baking!), but here are some guidelines for the most common ways you’ll want to use Bi-carb Soda.
- As a paste: Combine 3 parts of McKenzie’s Bi-carb Soda with 1 part of water. Adjust for your desired consistency.
- As a solution: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of McKenzie’s Bi-carb Soda in 1 litre of warm water.
- For wiping: Apply McKenzie’s Bi-carb Soda directly to a damp sponge or cloth.
- For sprinkling: Sprinkle directly from the packet.
- Remember to test for colourfastness first and rinse afterwards with water where appropriate.